- Mill is 5.25 inches tall with a Chili Red finish
- The namesake mill for Chef Olivier Roellinger, awarded 3 Michelin Stars and renowned for his expertise in spices and seasoning
- Features Peugeot Pepper Grinding Mechanism: to adjust grind, lift the spring tab and turn the thumbwheel (clockwise for finer grinds, counter-clockwise for coarser grinds)
- Easy-access reservoir allows you to grind a full hopper of peppercorns into the drawer cavity, or directly into a bowl or on the food.
- Made in France of select French Beech wood
Advantage of Freshly Ground Spices
There are many benefits to freshly grinding pepper, salt, herbs and spices for cooking and seasoning. A quality mill with a specifically designed grinding mechanism will release the aromas and essential oils of that spice. Freshly ground pepper and spices have more aroma and better flavor than pre- ground. Another advantage of using freshly ground spices or minerals (salts) is the control a mill provides for determining the coarseness (size) of a grind. A high quality pepper, salt or spice mill gives you the ability to choose and change the coarseness according to taste or necessity.
How to Choose a Good Mill
When looking for a pepper, salt or spice grinder, consider the following:
Grinding mechanism: Choose a grinding mechanism that can withstand daily use: one that is well made and produces a consistent grind. Ideally, the grinding mechanism should be designed to handle a specific spice, as each spice has different physical characteristics that will benefit from different design features.
Design and appearance: Whether it's traditional or modern, manual or electric, a mill can be an indispensable tool in your kitchen and a beautiful part of table d�cor.
Ease of Use: A quality mill should be easy to adjust, easy to fill, and feel comfortable in the hand.