The "Dutch Oven" series was created in to work better for small jobs and microwave ovens. While all Römertopf series are microwaved safe, this round series works well with the microwave turntable. The Römertopf revives old cooking traditions while at the same time possessing a number of thoroughly modern advantages. This ideal roaster is unlike most cookware because of its natural high quality clay from Germany, which will help retain vitamins and minerals in your dishes. Cooking in Römertopf® not only save nutrients but save time as well, as the baker will not need your attention while it cooks your meal to perfection. This German made Römertopf® comes with a all natural glass frit glazed bottom (not a non-stick coating) which will allow for easy and quick clean up. The unglazed top has very fine pores to absorb water and when put in the oven will create a gentle layer of steam to develop inside the Römertopf® for succulent and juicy results.
- Natural clay baker handcrafted in Germany designed in a square shape for making moist, delicious roasts, braised meat and breads
- Soak the top before use, the lid will absorb water to create a blanket of steam inside and out; natural flavors are intensified
- Features side handles and round shape works well with microwave turntable; glazed bottom makes clean up easy
- Holds 2 quarts or up to 4.5 lbs.; serves 2-4 people; measures 9" x 6"
- Dishwasher safe;oven safe; microwave safe
- Holds 2 Quarts (Serves 2-4 people)
- Cooks in its own juices; additional fats, oils or liquids are hardly necessary
- Vitamins and minerals are retained
- nothing can burn, oven stays clean
- natural flavors are intensified