- Made in France. A premium range for performance aficionados and connoisseurs of high-quality French cutlery.
- Forged full tang knives with upset forged and swaged bolster to Guarantee strength and balance.
- High performance nitrox steel. Exclusive 100% French nitrox steel with 16% chromium. A hardness and cutting angle unique to each knife according to its specific function.
- Perfect balance. A boldly designed handle with a crafted ergonomic shape for flexibility and smooth handling.
- Steak knife has a 59HRC and 28 Degree cutting angle
Forged bolster vs forged blade. Unlike full forging which consists of softening the entire piece of steel that will make the knife, Peugeot uses the upset forging process. Only the bolster is forged thus preserving the integrity of the steel used for the blade. Each knife has a specific hardness/cutting angle. Inspired by its expertise in manufacturing mills and mechanisms that are specific for each spice, Peugeot now focuses on the function of the knives. Each blade features a hardness and cutting angle specifically designed to meet the needs of each knife. The hardness of Paris Classic blades ranges from 55 to 59 HRC.Extreme hardness does not necessarily mean performance and suitability for a task .A hardness of 55 HCR allows easier re-sharpening for knives that are used frequently. A higher hardness is perfectly adapted to a steak knife with blade that works against the ceramic of the plate