- Made in France. Brushed stainless steel finish. Peugeot Mills are partially filled with salt at the factory in France as part of final assembly and testing
- The salt mechanism is made of stainless steel and is not sensitive to salt corrosion. The Peugeot salt mechanism is designed to grind cooking salt
- To get the best out of your Peugeot salt grinding mechanism, you should use: salt with a diameter of 4 mm (3/16") or less; dry coarse salt: dry sea salt or rock salt
- Grinds evenly from powder fine to very coarse thanks to the u's elect adjustment ring that offers six pre-defined settings and more in between
- Lifetime limited guarantee on the mechanism and 5 years on the exterior of the mill
- Advantage of Freshly Ground Spices
There are many benefits to freshly grinding pepper, salt, herbs and spices for cooking and seasoning. A quality mill with a specifically designed grinding mechanism will release the aromas and essential oils of that spice. Freshly ground pepper and spices have more aroma and better flavor than pre- ground. Another advantage of using freshly ground spices or minerals (salts) is the control a mill provides for determining the coarseness (size) of a grind. A high quality pepper, salt or spice mill gives you the ability to choose and change the coarseness according to taste or necessity.
How to Choose a Good Mill
When looking for a pepper, salt or spice grinder, consider the following:
Grinding mechanism: Choose a grinding mechanism that can withstand daily use: one that is well made and produces a consistent grind. Ideally, the grinding mechanism should be designed to handle a specific spice, as each spice has different physical characteristics that will benefit from different design features.
Design and appearance: Whether it's traditional or modern, manual or electric, a mill can be an indispensable tool in your kitchen and a beautiful part of table d�cor.
Ease of Use: A quality mill should be easy to adjust, easy to fill, and feel comfortable in the hand.