- Peugeot Paris U-Select mill in traditional styling; available in various heights
- Smoothly turned beechwood in choice of finish
- U-Select feature offers 6 precision-grind settings, from extra-coarse to powdery
- Brass nut on top unscrews for refilling; comes partially filled
- Made in France; 2-year warranty; lifetime warranty on grinding mechanism, Peugeot Mills are partially filled with salt at the factory in France as part of final assembly and testing.
- Advantage of Freshly Ground Spices
There are many benefits to freshly grinding pepper, salt, herbs and spices for cooking and seasoning. A quality mill with a specifically designed grinding mechanism will release the aromas and essential oils of that spice. Freshly ground pepper and spices have more aroma and better flavor than pre- ground. Another advantage of using freshly ground spices or minerals (salts) is the control a mill provides for determining the coarseness (size) of a grind. A high quality pepper, salt or spice mill gives you the ability to choose and change the coarseness according to taste or necessity.
How to Choose a Good Mill
When looking for a pepper, salt or spice grinder, consider the following:
Grinding mechanism: Choose a grinding mechanism that can withstand daily use: one that is well made and produces a consistent grind. Ideally, the grinding mechanism should be designed to handle a specific spice, as each spice has different physical characteristics that will benefit from different design features.
Design and appearance: Whether it's traditional or modern, manual or electric, a mill can be an indispensable tool in your kitchen and a beautiful part of table d�cor.
Ease of Use: A quality mill should be easy to adjust, easy to fill, and feel comfortable in the hand.