- Made in France; Made of PEFC certified beechwood
- Pepper mill has a 2 Stage grinding mechanism made of case-hardened steel specially treated to keep the teeth razor sharp and protect from corrosion
- Salt mechanism is made of corrosion resistant stainless steel; Two ribbed plates work to fracture and crush coarse dry sea salt to a consistent size
- Classic grind adjustment: turn the top knob tighter (clockwise) for finer grinds; looser (counter-clockwise) for coarser grind
- Lifetime warranty on the mechanism, 5 years on the body of the mill
Advantage of Freshly Ground Spices
There are many benefits to freshly grinding pepper, salt, herbs and spices for cooking and seasoning. A quality mill with a specifically designed grinding mechanism will release the aromas and essential oils of that spice. Freshly ground pepper and spices have more aroma and better flavor than pre- ground. Another advantage of using freshly ground spices or minerals (salts) is the control a mill provides for determining the coarseness (size) of a grind. A high quality pepper, salt or spice mill gives you the ability to choose and change the coarseness according to taste or necessity.
How to Choose a Good Mill
When looking for a pepper, salt or spice grinder, consider the following:
Grinding mechanism: Choose a grinding mechanism that can withstand daily use: one that is well made and produces a consistent grind. Ideally, the grinding mechanism should be designed to handle a specific spice, as each spice has different physical characteristics that will benefit from different design features.
Design and appearance: Whether it's traditional or modern, manual or electric, a mill can be an indispensable tool in your kitchen and a beautiful part of table d�cor.
Ease of Use: A quality mill should be easy to adjust, easy to fill, and feel comfortable in the hand.